World's first medical networking and resource portal

Articles
Category : All
Medical Articles
Jun01
Aphim (Aphu)
Aphim is a vish-dravya.
Guna – sukshma, ruksha
Ras – tikta kashay
Vipak – katu
Veerya – ushna
Prabhav – maadak
Doshagnata – kaphavaatshaamak, pittaprakopak
Overdose – ojakshay and tadjanya vaatprakop- pralapadi lakshanas and mrutyu.
Dose - 1/4 to 1 gunja. (in less dose – uttejak. In large doses – avasaadak)
Kalpa – ahiphenasav, nidroday vati, karpur ras, dugdha vati etc.
Aphim shuddhi - Firstly dissolve in water, filter it and boil it on low- flame. After that give 21 bhavanas of ardrak swaras to dried aphim. By this aphim get shudhdh but vishatava does not vanish.
Chemical composition of Aphim –
There are 29 active principles in aphim, mainly morphin, codeine, thebaine and narcotine .

Rogaghnata –
1) As it is vyavaayi-vikasi-maadak and ushna in guna, acts well as vedana-sthaapak, nidrajanan and akshepaghna. Useful in udarshool, ashmari-shool, grudhrasi-shool, parshwa-shool. Useful in Nidranaash. As it is akshepaghna so useful in Apasmaar, apatantrak, kampavaat, dhanusthambh, kuchala-vishbadha.
2) Useful in ati-lala-straav. Aamashayshoth, pakvatisaar, vaatatisaar, vishuchika-prarambhik avastha.
3) Hrudbalya. Raktastambhak, hrudayksheenatajanya shwaas, hrudshool.
4) Shwasankendre avasaadak. Kaphanashak , shwasaghna, vaat-kaphaja kaas, phuphphusavaran-shoth, peenas
5) Purushatva-ghatak. But shukrastambhan is there due to aphim. So in shighra-patan it is useful

Absorption and Excretion –
Amashaye – mand-shoshan
Antra – shighra – shoshan
90% of aphim is excreted by mutra and remaining 10% through purish, sthanya, amashaygat ras and sweda.
Generally within 6 hours, aphim is excreted from body. 75% of aphim is excreted within 24 hours through mutra.
Aphim – where should not be given ? –
1)phuphphusavaran-shoth
2)chhinna-shwaas
3)mastishkavaran-shoth
4)jwar and ati-shramjanya mastishkagat raktastraav
5)Serious vrukka vikruti specially uremia
6)In baal rugna and vrudhdha rugna
7)Generally addiction of aphim is seen if given for long time in jeerna-vyadhi

Lakshana of aphim-vish-badha -
1)tandra
2)nidra
3)sanyaas
4)avasaad
5)shwasavarodh
6)mrutyu

Firstly netra-tarakaa (pupils) sankuchan (pin pointed) is seen. But before few minutes of death they are dilated. Generally avasaad is seen in 4-6 hours and death is seen in 6-12 hours.
Death by aphim is not so painful. On the contrary, patient of phim death doen not know that he is dying.
Upachaar for aphim-vish-baadha –
1)shodhan - arishta(ritha)- jal or sarshap sidhha jal for vaman. Stomach wash till clean water returns.
2)antidotes of aphim – Ritha, Hing, Amalaki, Erand, Karpaas, Dronapushpi, Ghrut, Tejapatra, Nimb, Patha
Take care - the patient should not sleep till aphim vish-badha vanishes.


Category (General Medicine)  |   Views (12459)  |  User Rating
Rate It


Browse Archive